Training Academy Education From Experience - Response with Preparedness and Training©
PO Box 544 Delaware Water Gap, PA 18327
E-Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergencies Only 800-426-3647
Please only official emergency calls will be handled by dispatcher.
Background : Formed in 1985 Rescue International (RI) is a nonprofit corporation formed from people, response teams and companies that provide special search, rescue, communications and recovery services and products to requesting agencies free of charge. RI's educational programs are based on a foundation of experienced instructors teaching students skills and providing information derived from hands on experience and supported with a written program guide and/or manual. RI has a number of Search and Rescue Training Programs available. RI's canine programs will help train SAR Canine handlers and their dog to reach a minimum Canine Training Standard for each area of operational ability.
Based in Stroudsburg, PA., RI members have responded to many of the major disasters in the past 16 years, including the 1987 Bridgeport, CT - Apartment Building Collapse, 1988 Earthquake in Armenia USSR, Hurricanes Hugo-Andrew-Opal, 1999 flooding in Boundbrook, NJ, World Trade Center Disaster Recovery Operations, Water Rescue Operations in New Orleans and two months of Recovery operations in Hancock County MS after Katrina. RI has also responded to many regional rescues including many regional flood operations. The Rescue and Recovery Task Force continues to grow.
RI's Director of Operations, has been active in Search & Rescue for over 40 years. He has participated in hundreds of SAR operations, including many major disasters world wide and has helped to guide the development of RI's structure for response to major incidents and educational programs, based on his many years of experience.
RI's Rescue Data Base maintains a list of specialized resources. Most resources are available free of charge and are provided by the agency or manufacturer as a public service under a sponsorship agreement with RI.
Some of RI's in house or associates resources and equipment:
- UAS/UAV Response Task Force w/ FAA 333 flight authorization
- Disaster/Recovery K9's
- Canine Recovery Task Force providing specially trained Human Remains Detector dog teams.
- 2005 Chevy Response Truck
- 40 foot Mobil Command Post RV
- 26 Foot Canine Support and Command Post Trailer
- 2-Portable UHF and 2-VHF Repeaters with antenna systems
- Up to 60 Hand Held UHF/VHF ICOM Radios
- Interoperability gateways and VTAC and UTAC repeaters
- Command Post/Communications Trailer with interoperability capability
- Trained Commercial and Amateur Radio Operators
- Mobile Communications Tower 100'
- 10 kW Mobile Generator and Lighting
- Portable Photo ID system provided by Eltron and Polaroid for on site access control
- Medical Support - Medical personnel available upon request
- Disaster Management Personnel and Training
- K-9 Teams for Wilderness, Urban, Water, Fire, Cadaver and other K-9 Specialty areas
- Water Emergency Response Team w/ PWC, boats and related equipment (Flood Emergencies)
- 3 Inflatable Buildings/12 Bed Field Treatment Center
Training programs Online Training programs with certificate of completion
- UAS/ UAV Training Program and certification
- Water Rescue training for basic to advanced technician level programs
- Training Program's for K-9 and other SAR and Disaster related topics
- Family Radio Service Frequency Use Plan
- Cadaver/Recovery Task Force
- INTEROP 101 Interoperability Disaster and Emergency Communications Training class
Response of these resources to an emergency or specialized rescue can generally be within a two-four hour time period depending on the area, resource requested and transportation needs.
World Trade Center Operations 2001 Canine Recovery Task Force
Rescue International provided the organizational and overhead operations for a Canine Recovery Task Force of recovery dogs and their volunteer handlers and support personnel. These specialty trained teams were being brought in from across the country to assist the NYPD with locating the thousands of missing victims and our fallen brothers as a result of the WTC attack. CRTF After action report WTC.